Wednesday 19 December 2012

This week's menu

I am so glad I have a menu plan! 

It is a super easy way to save time and money when it comes to food. Plus, it helps me keep track of what's in the freezer ( I tend to forget food in there for moths and months otherwise = not good!!)

I designed my own version with Microsoft Word, found some cute kitchen-related images on the web (via Google Images) to embellish it a little, printed it on a normal A4 piece of paper and eventually I laminated it... I guess it did not take more than half an hour! I use a whiteboard marker to write on it and it works really well!

It hangs on our fridge now and both Daniele and I love it! Everybody knows what's for dinner and we remind each other of some last minute shopping that needs to be done. An the smartest thing is that a post-it fits perfectly in the "shopping list" box. :D

If you don't have a menu plan yet, I can only say : what are you waiting for??? It does not have to be anything fancy... a piece of paper and a pen will do the trick (wink) and there's ton of inspiration to get on the web! I personally like Pinterest (here's my own Food board), foodgawker and Alletiders Kogebog (with Danish recipes) but once you start looking for new recipes, I'm quite sure it will be difficult to stop! 

For some more planning inspiration, you can take a look here.

Happy menu planning!


A .pdf version of this plan is available on request

No comments:

Post a Comment